By Laura Polk, Assistant Director, Career Services and Employer Relations
Welcome back to campus, Eagles!
Career Services is excited to welcome you back to normal operations for the 2021-2022 school year with safety precautions in place. Career Services has been working very hard this summer to plan our Fall 2021 employer recruiting schedule and to constantly learn and stay up to date on current hiring trends. For this preliminary edition of Horizons, we’d like to share some important information and updates with you so you are prepared to take advantage of all Career Services has to offer this fall.
Fall 2021 Employer Recruiting Events
We will be offering both an in-person and virtual Industry/Career Expo this fall to allow employers and students the ability to choose for themselves how they would like to interact with each other’s health, safety, and budgets in mind.
On-Campus Industry/Career Expo: Sept. 30, 10am – 4pm
This is your chance to meet and network in person with representatives from first-rate employers in the aviation and aerospace industries as well as government agencies and the nonprofit sector.
The Industry/Career Expo offers students the opportunity to:
- Showcase your talents to choice recruiters
- Tap into a valuable networking resource – typically, around 30% of those recruiting are Embry-Riddle Alumni
- Potentially interview with prospective employers for co-op/internship and full-time opportunities
- Learn about career opportunities within your chosen career field
This event is free of charge and open to all Embry-Riddle students and alumni seeking co-ops, internships, and full-time employment. Professional attire and a Student ID are required. To avoid lines on the day of the event, we recommend that you come in on Sept. 27, 28, or 29 to pick up a Fast Pass.
Virtual Industry/Career Expo: Oct. 6, 9am – 3pm
Our virtual Industry/Career Expo will be combined with the Daytona Beach campus. The effort you put into preparing ahead of time is so important for the event’s overall success. The best things you can do to prepare are:
- Complete your Handshake profile entirely
- Upload your resume to Handshake as a PDF
- ● Continually monitor your email for updates. Also, check the Handshake events page to register for upcoming workshops to help you prepare for the Virtual Industry/Career Expo.
We look forward to engaging with you this fall semester!
-The Career Services Team