From Heather Lum, Special to Horizons
Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology. Requirements for membership in Psi Chi this semester included the following qualifications:
- Majoring or Minoring in Psychology
- Have a GPA in the top 35% of their class (at ERAU, this is a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or better for sophomores, juniors, and seniors).
- Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework
- Have completed at least 9 semester credit hours or equivalent of psychology courses
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA average for psychology courses
9 psychology students took part in the induction ceremony. After each took part in the pledge, students signed the charter and took part in a candlelight ceremony which represents the flames of scientific inquiry in psychology and sharing that knowledge with others.
Congratulations to the Psi Chi inductees!