Are you one of those people that like a real-food breakfast and not just a smoothie? In pre-COVID times, you might have found yourself hopping into the car, and getting a warm skillet from Denny’s or a delicious stack of pancakes floating in maple syrup or chocolate sauce with whipped cream on top from IHop.
Unfortunately, in today’s world, that may not always be an option. Even if that were a possibility, some people worry about risks associated with eating out. So why not try an easy and safe solution that doesn’t require you to leave your house or even change out of your pajamas?
A Simple Breakfast Burrito, the burrito that will satisfy your cravings, can be prepared as a healthy, filling breakfast, or a warm and satisfying dinner. This meal is sure to please all types of foodies, from the breakfast-lovers to health gurus.
All you will need is:
Any vegetables you want (we used frozen corn and peas for this recipe)
Ham (or any other meat or meat substitute)
Salt (to taste)
Large tortilla (bread or bread substitute)
Fresh Cilantro leaves (optional)
*The ingredient amounts are based on how hungry you are and/or how many people you are
Here’s what you do:
- Defrost the corn and peas by heating them in water until they are unfrozen. (Or prepare
any desired vegetable.)
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Cut the ham (or any desired meat: sausage, turkey, etc.) up into smaller pieces, and add it
to the pan.
- Add the unfrozen corn and peas to the pan.
- Cook everything until it’s halfway done.
- While the vegetables and ham are cooking, crack the eggs into a measuring cup, add salt
to taste, and mix them.
- Add eggs to the pan and scramble them with the vegetables and ham.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on a large tortilla. If you wish, heat it up to melt the cheese.
- Once everything on the pan is cooked, put the ham, vegetables, and scrambled eggs on
- Add cut tomatoes and avocado. Salt to taste, if desired.
- Optional: you may add fresh cilantro leaves for more flavor.
- Wrap up the tortilla, and enjoy!
My family and I have made this burrito with so many different variations. This recipe is perfect because it works well with whatever leftovers you have in the fridge. You can change the vegetables or meat, and each time, you can enjoy a different taste and feel like you have a new